Thursday, February 11, 2010

Child Warriors

Do you miss CocoRosie? I do. I mean I miss the early days of CocoRosie, the lo-fi animal sound casio keyboards, the childlike keyboard playing, all mixed with odd vocals, which to me, just sounded incredibly pleasant and sweet.

The nice thing about the internet is that there's a playground of other children, all with just as much freak in them as the next. Not all of them are gonna be winners, but every now and then you stumble across a band that has that innocence and outsider authenticity that will have an affect on your bones. I felt that way when I came across Albuquerque, New Mexico's Pantaloof.


While I could go into some detail as to how much I really appreciate the child like euphoria I get when I hear a Pantaloof track, I like the way they describe their inspirations for their musical outputs ::

"pyramids, kissing, the sound of children laughing, ragers, knitting, partaking in the worshipping of magical herbs, cats purring, rap sessions, song circle, liberation."

No comments:

Post a Comment