Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Post-Apocalyptic

What were you doing when you first heard about Y2K? I remember my mom going crazy, looking through our cupboards making sure we had enough canned food. Now all we have to look forward to is either the Mayan prophecy to come true or the New world Order takes charge. Either way we seemed fucked.

The Jesus and Mary Chain seem to have this affect on my brainwaves to venture into the post-apocalyptic world. This latest listen to Psychocandy was particularly impacting on my skull muscle. And with that I found myself video surfing J&MC jams. Which eventually lead me to this particular video, which contained this particular William Reid quote, which had me thinking about the post-apocalyptic in a much more optimistic light: "We may have been in the gutter, but we were looking up at the stars..."

No comments:

Post a Comment